Best Used Vehicles for Teens
Lofi Motors Offers Best Used Cars for Teens
Is your teen gearing up to get behind the wheel for the first time? It’s no secret that every parent worries when their teenager gets behind the wheel, especially for the first time. In a day and age in which distractions are everywhere you look, safety, especially while driving is of utmost importance.
Whether it’s packed with high-tech safety features, or simply built safely, picking n affordable, yet safe vehicle for your teen is a must. Below is a list of our favorite used vehicles for teenagers, give it a read before you shop at LOFI Motors located in Corpus Christi, TX.
Safety First for Used Cars
When picking out a used vehicle for your teen driver, safety should always come first. Being that we’re in the golden age of technology, most cars will come with high-tech safety features designed to make drivers of all ages feel safer. There are some fantastic safety features out now, budget depending, these are some great safety features you should look out for on the vehicle your teen will be driving. Here are some of the features we recommend:
- Anti-Lock Brakes: An absolute must-have safety feature on any vehicle. Also known as an anti-lock brake system (ABS), this safety feature “pumps” the brakes to maximize stopping power in an emergency braking situation. This feature will feel as if the car is “shuddering”, do not be alarmed however, that is ABS at work that you’re feeling and is normal. ABS will provide maximum braking power while allowing you to safely steer around obstacles.
- Traction Control: Another great safety feature, Traction Control (TCS) uses the ABS feature to control acceleration, slowing down the vehicle in a controlled manner by slowing a spinning drive wheel.
- Stability Control: Yet another safety feature tied to ABS, this feature utilizes ABS to apply braking to the corresponding wheel or wheels, correcting a vehicle slide. A great feature to have for those windy back roads and rainy evenings.
- Forward-collision warning: This system uses sensors to detect objects in front of your vehicle, when it detects an object an audible warning signal is triggered to bring the driver’s attention to the object in front of them. If the system detects an impending collision, it will automatically apply the vehicle’s brakes if there is no immediate driver input to avoid the collision. This is a great feature for distracted teen drivers.
- Blind-spot Detection: A life-saving invention, blind-spot detection uses sensors or cameras to detect cars in your vehicle’s blind-spot, undetectable to most drivers. A visual warning is typically given, in the form of lights on the mirrors or A-pillar of the car. Some vehicles even include an audible warning as well. This safety feature is great for new teen drivers that are still wrapping their minds around blind spots.
With safety being the number one concern for parents with their children behind the wheel, it’s important to consider this list of great safety features. Keep this short list in mind on your search for your teen’s first vehicle and your teen will be plenty safe behind the wheel.
Looking for your teenager’s first vehicle? Come to LOFI Motors and check out our wide selection of used vehicles, packed with safety features designed to keep your teen driver safe behind the wheel.